Accounting Analyst/Financial Analyst
120 Vantis , Suite 350 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 US
The Accounting Analyst position provides a unique opportunity to join a high-performance organization and participate in the Accounting team. In this position, the individual will need to be self-motivated and will play an important role in our financial operations, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, as well as accuracy in accounting and financial reporting.
- Responsible for a portfolio of approximately 5 to 10 entities
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, including working with internal and external auditors to remediate any issues if needed;
- Prepare and post any necessary journal entries to correct account balances;
- Prepare third-party tenant straight-line lease schedules, and book related journal entries;
- Maintain database for tenant leases;
- Review and analyze entity balance sheet account reconciliations and follow up with accounting staff to resolve any reconciling items;
- Review variance analyses for reasonableness;
- Prepare various month end schedules;
- Prepare audit schedules relating to the Senior Accountant’s portfolio, and assist the Company’s external auditors in their inquiries; and
- Assist the Director - Accounting with special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- 1+ years of accounting experience
- Experience dealing with multiple entities preferred;
- Strong analytical and computer skills (high degree of Excel competency required; Word, MAS500 and Hyperion a plus);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Candidate must be self-motivated and detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills;
- Exhibit close attention to detail and ability to work well independently;
- Effective use of interpersonal skills, able to work and interact well with others, able to develop and maintain positive working relationships while focusing on customer service; and
- Must be able to work overtime during peak periods, including some weekends.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!