Accounting Manager ($900M+ high growth ecomm/SAAS)
Aliso Viejo, CA 92698 US
*This position may be performed remotely for 90+% of the time, with occasional in-office visits (roughly 1-2 days/month).
Alliance Resource Group is partnered with a high growth eComm/SAAS company gearing up for an IPO. We're looking for a detail-oriented, curious, and analytical leader to help achieve operational and financial goals while embodying company values. You will join a world-class Accounting and Finance team, and will be involved in all general areas of accounting and assisting in multiple ad hoc projects - month-end close, audit, ensuring accuracy with multiple finance system integrations, as well as other fun accounting challenges!
You have exceptional communication skills and are not afraid to speak up. You are a process improver that can easily pick up the high level business goals and apply them to the accounting operations.
- Own our month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes
- Implement process efficiencies to reduce the time to close and own the monthly/quarterly/annual flux presentations to finance organization
- Partner x-functionally in order to make improvements across all accounting process (automating reconciliations, reporting, preparing and reviewing accounting transactions)
- Be the primary owner for the Financial Statement Close Process
- Be a key stakeholder in implementing SOX across various accounting processes
- Prepare and review support to be provided to external audit team
- Able to identify pain points and escalate accordingly, while able to articulate potential solutions
- Review journal entries, complex accounting areas like leases, equity, payroll
- Ad hoc preparation of accounting memorandums as needed
- Deep understanding of GAAP and how to apply accounting rules across various processes and systems
- Mentor the team in implementing best in class processes and coach team members for success
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting and/or a technical accounting role in a multinational public company or pre-IPO/high growth company
- 5+ years combined experience in public/private industry with at least 2 years of people management experience
- Strong experience with large ERP systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Comfortability with implementing new processes and systems
- Active CPA
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
After receiving his bachelor’s in accounting with a minor in economics from Cal State Fullerton, Brad went to work as an auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers. Brad really enjoys networking, so becoming a recruiter was an easy decision. When asked what he likes best about recruiting he replied, “The satisfaction of seeing the people we place being promoted and our clients becoming long-term trusted partners. It’s a great feeling when your candidate becomes a client by way of promotion.”
Brad is our only recruiter that can land a 360 flip on a skateboard and break 80 on the golf course. Impressive! If Brad had a free day, he would want to spend time with friends doing something competitive.