Accounting Manager (Non-Profit)
5091 Mountain View Ave, Yorba Linda, California 92886
Non-profit educational organization is looking for a strong Accounting Manager with non-profit experience. This individual would be reporting directly to the CFO and the Board of Directors. This role includes month-end closing tasks, balance sheet reconciliation, year-end audit preparation, financial analysis and other job-related duties as assigned. This also includes preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, general ledger account analyses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and Maintain general ledger and manage month-end close
- Prepare and maintain general ledger analysis and balance sheet reconciliation
- Record Journal entries, analyze and ensure costs are accurately charged to programs as per approved budget
- Establish and monitor budgets for programs and prepare periodic funder reports
- Assists in the preparation of periodic financial statements, contract operating statements and other financial documents and analyses
- Submit Monthly Vouchers and Reimbursements Requests for grants and contracts
- Support program managers and directors with budget to actual analysis
- Prepare and review budgets for grants and contracts and assist in agency wide budget preparation
- Supervise Month End closings reviewing monthly activity for accuracy and completeness-Receipts, Accounts Payable and Receivables, Capitalization of Assets, Depreciation etc.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting and 4-6 years of accounting and financial reporting experience is required.
- Experience with Excel and QuickBooks
- Experience with Non-Profit accounting is preferred.