Director of Accounting (Real Estate / Technology)
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Prestigious Real estate division of technology company in Orange County looking for a " Rockstar" with a proven record of excellence. This role will have the opportunity to quickly advance and work under some of the most gifted though leaders in the market.
Compensation: $165, 000 + 15-20% bonus + tons of perks.
Must have experience in public accounting and preferably some real estate accounting.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and related supporting schedules.
- Review detailed balance sheet analyses and income statement variance and fluctuation analyses in connection with closing packages prepared by managers and staff.
- Review statement of cash flows and supporting workpapers.
- Analyze and review complex transactions, including but not limited to acquisitions, dispositions, refinancings, build to suit transactions, etc.
- Analyze both consolidated and unconsolidated joint venture investments
- Review new investment structures and legal entity set up prepared by staff.
- Research accounting treatments for various transactions in coordination with accounting policy team
- Review foreign currency movements, as well as review and analyze complex foreign currency transactions.
- Review intercompany and related-party transactions and perform supporting reconciliations.
- Coordinate with external auditors in responding to audit inquiries
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and recommend process improvements where necessary
- Manage staff of 3-5 including manager, senior and junior accountants
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 7-14 years of experience in both public Accounting and preferably some Real Estate accounting
- CPA is required
- Highly prefer knowledge of accounting principles in lease accounting, business combinations and purchase price allocations
- Significant experience in analyzing real estate transactions
- Significant experience in consolidation and equity method investment accounting
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Communication must be flawless
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to Brad Bchamberlin(at)allianceresourcegroup(dot)com. Thank you.