Accounting Manager (SEC Reporting)
200 North Sepulveda Boulevard 1200 El Segundo, CA 90245
Our client is a growing financial service organization and has created this new position due to growth! It will oversee one to two Senior Accountants.
Responsible for external reporting, including publically filed annual and quarterly financial statements. Facilitate accurate and timely completion of annual audits and quarterly reviews. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’ s policies and procedures, all state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the financial reporting and consolidation.
- Responsible for the application of new accounting principles and technical research.
- Draft financial statements and disclosures.
- Act as the liaison between Management, internal auditors, and external auditors.
- Prepare and review audit schedules on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Review the monthly reconciliations prepared by the Accounting Department.
- Perform analysis, prepare journal entries, and prepare accounting memos for subjective accounting areas.
- Assist in the monthly close process by preparing and reviewing monthly analytical schedules.
- Gather and provide the proper information for various regulatory and miscellaneous audits.
- Coordinate with internal customers and is responsive to all requests for financial information and accounting guidance
- Prepare various analytic reports on an ad hoc basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficient in SEC reporting rules and US GAAP
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior technical accounting knowledge and ability to research complex, technical accounting issues, and make well-reasoned conclusions.
- Ability to make decisions that have significant impact on the department’ s credibility, operations, and services
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact, etc., and/or to make formal presentations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting required.
- Five to Seven years of experience in auditing or related functions.
- One to three years’ public accounting experience.
- CPA license preferred.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry strongly preferred.