800 E Orangethorpe Avenue Anaheim, CA 92801
Our client is a leading provider of branded furniture, equipment and supplies to professionals and customers serving high-growth consumer enthusiast channels, including tattoo artists and pet groomers. The company primarily distributes proprietary branded products and third-party products, selling both to wholesalers and directly to end-customers, but also completes light assembly and manufacturing on certain product lines. The company is a market leader in growing market segments where the opportunity exists to augment share through strategic acquisitions
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Corporate Accounting Manager oversees the Pet Supply or Tattoo Supply Division Accounting Group including the organization, development, and administration of financial reporting, accounting systems, internal controls, and procedures that conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Supervise and develop accounting staff. Prepare timely and comprehensive reports including periodic financial statements and analysis of financial data. Proactively and effectively interact and communicate with Management Team Operational Leaders and other departments.
ESSENTIAL/MAJOR ELEMENTS OF POSITION
- This position will be responsible developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, and deadlines to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and investigate irregularities and report on variances
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of subsidiary company’ s day-to-day activities including cash receipts, accounts receivable, bank reporting and chargebacks, and general accounting
- Oversee all aspects of the division’ s accounting operations including AR, Inventory, Cash, Fixed Assets and Financial Reporting.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of month-end GL account reconciliation and post month-end, closing journal entries and preparing financial statements, bank reconciliations and all related supplemental accounting reports.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Monitor, review, and improve accounting related systems and reports for accuracy, effectiveness, internal controls, and completeness.
- In collaboration with the VP Finance, assist in the preparation and review financial portion of the annual operating plan (AOP) and department budgets.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control for cash flow purposes.
- Assist in the pretransition due diligence and post-transaction integration of acquired companies including purchase accounting and valuations
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and eliminate manual filing systems.
- Prepare property tax and sales & use tax reports for filing.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations
- Interact with external auditors in completing audits and, with the company’ s tax services provider for completion of annual tax return preparation.
- Provide accounting policy guidance and direction for organization.
- Occasionally, the incumbent will be asked and expected to perform various, miscellaneous, and non-standard duties as required. Such duties are diversified in nature and may be changed from time to time to suit the needs of the company.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Necessary to Successfully Perform this Position:
- Excellent knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles with significant focus on financial reporting and cash management.
- Excellent communication skills – Oral and Written – with the ability to develop strong working relationships with business partners across the company.
- Strong drive, initiative and work ethic – Willingness to “ roll up your sleeves” to get the job done. This is a hands on role with the opportunity to effect change through process improvement.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Initiative to work both independently and within a team setting
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and weekends to support month end closing activities.
Financial Systems & Business Applications Experience Desired:
- Advanced ERP/MRP skills & experience – Highly desire previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP/Sales Pad and/or Oracle NetSuite
- Experience closing multiple GL systems would be ideal
- Experience with month end system processes.
- Advanced Excel skills and thorough understanding of other MS Office products
- Prior experience with Avalara Sales Tax reporting & filing a plus
- Prior experience with SAP Concur Travel & Expense and AP Invoice a plus
- Prior experience with bank reconciliation software a plus
- Prior experience with Host Analytics is a plus
Education Level Desired:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA and/or master’ s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred
Prior Experience Desired:
- 5+ years of experience within a distribution/ecommerce/retail environment with at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Previous public accounting experience a plus
- Multi-state entity and/or international experience preferred
- Prior private equity and/or M&A experience a plus