Costa Mesa, CA 92626 US
The Accounting Manager (II) provides oversight and guidance to the accounting department, including the GL team, AP/AR, and asset management/CIP. This position ensures accurate and timely production of financial statements, facilitates audit readiness procedures, and guides the development of staff across the accounting department.
- Oversee routine and ad-hoc accounting operations, journal entries, and reporting
- Provide guidance to team members on accounting procedures with a high degree of complexity
- Review, implement and adhere to approved accounting policies and procedures
- Guide the month-end close process and support subsequent consolidation efforts
- Support project planning and implementation efforts within Finance/Accounting
- Contribute to strategic initiatives in the department, with crossover between Accounting, Finance, Reporting & IT
- Supervise a team of accountants and accounting operational professionals (AP/AR/Billing)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA certification preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience, with 3+ spent in management
- Full-scope knowledge of GAAP
- Expertise with various large ERP systems (Oracle or Lawson preferred)
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Director, Executive Search
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!