2151 E. Grand Avenue El Segundo, CA 90245-5017
Our client is a growing and profitable healthcare company with international operations. The Accounting team is looking for a strong Manager to oversee the G/L and Manufacturing Accounting teams and will report to the Assistant Controller.
- Supervise 3-5 staff responsible for general accounting, revenue accounting, and profitability analysis
- Oversee completeness and accuracy of all financial reporting, journal entries and account reconciliations for the month end close
- In connection with month closing, ensure accuracy of foreign currency adjustments, elimination entries, and expense allocations as appropriate.
- Actively contribute to the development and research of accounting policies to ensure accurate financial reporting in the areas of revenue recognition, capital asset valuation and expenses.
- Actively participate in year-end audits and quarterly reviews, including preparation of audit support schedules and related requests.
- Develop new processes and procedures to streamline the current monthly close process.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8-12 years’ experience in a large, international manufacturing company with 2+ years in a supervisory capacity
CPA or public accounting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Experience with acquisition integrations
- Experience with corporate accounting including: month end close, financial reporting, balance sheet analysis and cost analysis
- Budget/forecasting and variance analysis experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle)