1601 E. Orangethorpe Avenue Fullerton, CA 92831
The Accounting Manager has principal responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department including the direct supervision of the accounting staff. The position reports to the VP of Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following.
- Lead and manage the general ledger functions including month end/year end close process.
- Prepare journal entries and maintain monthly bank and account reconciliations.
- Process and maintain the fixed asset ledger.
- Prepare monthly financial statements: balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement.
- Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Revenue and expense recognition in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivables.
- Recommend and develop policies, procedures and systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness. of the accounting department. And to strive for continuous improvement.
To fulfill requirements of the job successfully, an individual must be an experienced leader preferably in the manufacturing industry. The job requires a high ethical standard with strong leadership skills. In addition, the qualified individual will possess a strong sense of confidentially along with analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization, good written and oral communication skills, and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Individual must be well-organized and self-directed as well as a team player. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A four year degree in finance, accounting or a related field is required.
Five years related experience.
Established in 1998, our Client is a full-service contract manufacturing company that specializes in hair, skin and body care products.