Irvine, CA 92614
Family friendly organization that values growth for every employee. Hard work and dedication is rewarded with a fun/dynamic environment, flexible work schedule, and personal attention by the management team to ensure that the individuals personal goals can be achieved. Competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing and directing accounting functions, including monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close and preparation of balance sheet account analysis. Performs day-to-day financial accounting and reporting responsibilities related to the Company’ s various entities, including joint venture and economic partnership accounting. Prepares periodic reports, reviews and reconciles data, and participates in the development of specialized financial data. Oversees and prepares entries and adjustments to Company records, files, and statements. Directs, trains, supervises, and appraises accounting personnel. Contributes substantially to the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of the general ledger, financial statements and reports.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close process, including preparation and/or review of significant accruals (i.e. retail AR reserves). Supervise and review/approve journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to verify proper accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and proper supporting documentation. Ensure that accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed.
- Responsible for accuracy of joint venture reporting, recommending correcting entries as appropriate. Identify efficiencies to scale joint venture close processes to include additional entities as needed. Work in close partnership with financial planning and patient accounting services departments.
- Review periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) consolidated and disaggregated financial results to ensure accuracy and reasonableness, performing financial analyses, investigating questionable transactions, and making recommendations for corrections as needed. Assist with preparation of monthly management and board financial packages as needed.
- Lead and motivate staff. Provide guidance and information to senior and staff accountants, as well as formal supervision (including performance reviews, goal setting, disciplinary action, time off approval and day-to-day oversight and direction).
- Research and discuss complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and financial reporting processes, including newly formed joint ventures, site divestitures, physician compensation, accounts receivables and bad debt reserves. Assist with accounting due diligence related to new acquisitions. Perform technical research as needed.
- Identify and lead process improvement efforts to drive efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of accounting processes and procedures.
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of related experience and/or training, including supervisory experience.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Ability to research and discuss complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Strong Excel skills.