18301 Von Karman Ave Irvine, CA 92612
Alliance Resource Group is committed to delivering talented, qualified individuals for our clients’ specific needs. We have project and temporary professionals from interim CFOs to senior accountants – any financial services need. We have currently partnered with a large real estate company that is in need of a Construction Accounting Manager for 3-4 months. As the Construction Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Perform a variety of accounting tasks including, but not limited to: recording journal entries, reconciling accounts, and preparing schedules and reports as needed.
- Lead month-end closing activities.
- Work with team to account for projects on a percentage of completion basis.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, investigate, and resolve any variances.
- Prepare, review, and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring the quality, timeliness, and integrity of data.
- Ensures job cost reports and accounts receivable reports are accurate and balanced with the general ledger by working closely with project managers.
- Review and approve supplier invoices and billings/requisitions related to projects.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with Malibu executive team as well as provide support for monthly forecasts and budgets.
- Streamline processes, procedures and partner with leadership to drive change.
- Perform other-related duties and project as assigned
A successful consultant will have the following experience and capabilities:
- A bachelor' s degree in accounting is desired. Progress towards obtaining CPA license preferred, but not required.
- At least 5 years of Accounting experience and a solid base understanding of US GAAP.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with construction and/or project accounting preferred, but not required.