936 Palomares St. La Verne, CA 91750
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, developing internal controls, continuous process and system improvements and building a strong team.This role will work closely with internal staff and outside vendors to establish and enforce accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP requirements and other applicable standards and ensuring the integrity and consistency of financial data and reporting.
- Lead the month end close and financial reporting process and prepare monthly financial reports.
- Supervise key day-to-day accounting functions including accounts payable, inventory accounting, and cash management.
- Be a representative for cross functional initiative across accounting and operations.
- Perform month-end close activities including: Review and reconciliation of inventory and related liabilities, calculation and posting of COGS and other journal entries, cost allocation, posting of appropriate reserves and accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis reporting.
- Implement and develop cost accounting procedures to include inventory valuation, consignment inventory tracking, BOM construction and reserve analysis.
- Track inventory and costs of goods sold (COGS) to ensure proper accounting treatment. Establish and maintain costs standards and analyze variance to standards, identify excess and obsolete materials
- Work closely with Operation and Sales on shipments and workflows including intercompany transactions.
- Evaluates and makes improvement to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist with the coordination and deliverables for annual audit.
- Assist Senior Management with special projects and ad hoc analysis.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least ten years of hands-on experience that reflects increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with a multi-site organization
- Working knowledge of GAAP and experience supporting financial audits
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing company with an extensive inventory component
- Experience working with consigned inventory
- Proven track record of success in the establishment of processes and systems
- Detail oriented self-starter with experience in successfully enhancing and streamlining processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are imperative
- Experience in implementing ERP and CRM systems preferred, familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics, Business Central (BC) is a plus
- High degree of fluency with excel financial modeling
- A Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese