515 South Flower Street, 44th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90071
Our client is a progressive commercial real estate firm with a with a diversified portfolio in mortgage funds and commercial investments. The team is looking for a Strong Accounting Manager who is motivated to always improve processes and have a strong technical understanding of GAAP and financial reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage two staff in the documentation and execute processes around financial reporting and related audits conducted in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare supporting schedules for consolidated partnership, investor and property level quarterly reports and annual financial statements
- Review risk reports to ensure funds are aligned with investment guidelines in addition to P&L and cash reconciliation
- Complete debt compliance calculations and manage all necessary loan reporting requirements to lenders
- Prepare month end close journal entries for income, fixed assets, cash and expenses for 10+ properties as well as fund level expenses.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 5-8 years in real estate or public accounting with exposure to property acquisitions and dispositions
- CPA is preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- 2+ years in management
- Must be highly proficient in Excel (macros, pivot tables, v-lookup); experience creating financial models a plus