1555 Orcutt Hill Road Orcutt, California 93455
ARG is exclusively partnered with a high growth Oil & Gas company in Santa Maria, CA. We are searching for an Accounting Manager within the oil & gas industry who can manage, coach, mentor and develop a team of staff and seniors.
*Oil/Gas Industry experience highly highly preferred!
The Accounting Manager will be involved in analytics, budget/forecasting, and work closely with the executive leadership team on strategic initiatives and planning.
Overview of Position:
- Manage working interest joint accounts and associated receivables, bill working interests timely and accurately and serve as liaison between working interest owners and working interest audit
- Develop and lead a team responsible for accurate and timely financials and driving cross-functional performance improvement
- Prepare and analyze operating expenses, capex and workover actual and estimates variance explanations to support monthly financial close and reporting
- Compliance and review of joint operating agreements in accordance with GAAP and COPAS policies and procedures
- Domestic and international time-writing to ensure appropriate charge-outs to partners
- Appropriate JV allocations, Overhead, and Cutback
- International property JIBS, invoicing, cash management, and accounting
- Issue and reconcile cash calls
- Track and update payouts
- Answering partner billing inquiries and managing non-op billing accounts and queries
- Ensuring compliance of all tasks with relevant Accounting standards and SOX controls
- Reviewing Balance Sheet account reconciliations and propose adjustments as needed
- Monthly sign-off of trial balances and financial statements
- Building software system super-user knowledge and system support
- Liaising with end clients and lead software enhancement projects as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
This position required knowledge of oil & gas industry accounting
Prefer 5-10 years of experience in accounting, with at least 2 years in oil/gas industry.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word to Brad at BChamberlin@AllianceResourceGroup.com with the job title in the subject field.