3501 W Garry Ave Santa Ana, CA 92704 US
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player, who seeks responsibility, is highly analytical and inquisitive, with a keen attention to detail. The candidate must be committed to understanding the business, will continue to look for ways to help the team to get better, and be able to work in a collaborative environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. This candidate must have a strong work ethic and excel in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities.
This position will report to the Santa Ana office daily.
· Assist with the month-end closing process over revenue, inventory, and cost of sales including preparing journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations.
· Review and analyze inventory and margin reports. Conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability.
· Responsible for the correct accounting over different revenue arrangements. Provide accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions proposed. Work cross functionally with other departments to resolve issues.
· Responsible for planning, coordination, and participation of physical inventories and analyzing results.
· Review and analyze employee expense reports using Excel and NetSuite.
· Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
· Assist with federal, state, and local regulatory and statutory reporting requirements when needed.
· Assist in developing processes to maintain and ensure compliance with internal controls including performing testing.
· Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes. Develop recommendations for increased efficiencies and participate in process improvements and system implementations projects.
· Assist with accounts receivable transactions when needed.
- 5+ years overall experience as a Senior or Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance - Plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel - Plus
- NetSuite Exp - Plus
- Team player with commitment and good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable of internal controls
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, with both the ambition and willingness to dive into the details necessary to accomplish responsibilities and solve problems.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!