13711 Rushmore Ln Tustin, CA 92705 US
POSITION SUMMARY & REQUIREMENTS
Oversees daily operations of the accounting department that includes but not limited to Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Asset Management, Construction in Progress, and Accounts Receivable. Manages staff of Accounting Analysts I & II, Self-Pay Collector, and Accounts Payable. Ensures integrity of the financial statements which are critical to the organization. Coordinates and facilitates audits of financial statements and other statutory reporting. Identifies staff training needs and works with the accounting team and IT department to ensure educational tools are available to the staff. Develops and mentors staff, monitors job performance and offers feedback and assistance when needed. Monitors departmental policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Offers suggestions to improve efficiency and accuracy in all accounting functions.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a CPA
- Public Accounting is preferred
- Minimum seven years public and private, preferably with some healthcare experience
- Proven ability in hiring, mentoring, training and developing a high powered Accounting team
- High level of initiative and critical thinking to formulate business issues into analytical problems and devise actionable solutions
- Ability to work cross functionally in a matrix organization
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data and diligence when managing detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Lawson Software is a plus
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!