irvine, CA 92606 US
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations and financial reporting of the organization. This includes managing a small team, maintaining accurate financial records, and ensuring compliance with all financial regulations. The Accounting Manager provides information on various projects, research items, business ventures and other highly confidential operational activities for the company.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Manage the general ledger and accounts payable/receivable
- Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and laws
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process
- Supervise and mentor a team of accounting professionals
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of financial information
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Partner with the external tax accountant to ensure annual tax returns and quarterly tax estimates are prepared and filed timely and accurately
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team
- Coordinate all audit activities, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and regulations
- Experience managing and mentoring a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in accounting software and tools
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- CPA certification is a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mark Lucas, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Growing up in Rainy Portland Oregon, Mark always wanted to live by the beach in sunny Southern California. After he finished his undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a Finance Concentration from Portland State University, Mark made the move out here and has never looked back. Mark joins Alliance Resource Group after owning his own business for 5 years. He chose recruiting because of his ability to help people and give the access to opportunities that they may not have been able to find on their own.
Mark was a 4-year scholarship athlete and played football for the Division 1 NCAA Portland State Vikings. His perfect day would be at the beach bodysurfing, followed by some spicy Mexican food.