39 argonaut mission viejo, CA 92690
ARG is partnered with a high growth hotel / hospitality investment management company headquartered in Mission Viejo, CA. Current assets under management exceed $2B, and they' re growing rapidly.
This position will offer tremendous growth potential and will require a desire to advance and perform at a high level. You will also be interacting frequently with high net worth investors.
The Assistant Controller reports to the Corporate Controller and is responsible for preparing the financial information for assigned ownership entities. The position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of financial management, financial controls, accounting and financial reporting for a portfolio of assigned hotel ownership entities.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with all corporate, partnership, debt and other contractual documents for all assigned ownership entities.
- Timely preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned entities including corporate consolidation and reporting of assigned hotel properties and ownership entities.
- Review certain ownership entity monthly journal entries as necessary.
- Review all cash entries on a timely basis (daily if applicable) for ownership entities.
- Management of debt, construction and other financing and capital transactions as well as determining and documenting the appropriate accounting treatment for such transactions based on research performed
- Monitor consolidated operations, cash flow and operating forecasts of assigned entities
- Review disbursements, including those related to construction draws.
- Monitoring of construction and other capital reimbursements from restricted cash accounts
- Ensure (in collaboration with team), successful completion of internal and external financial audits
- Special projects may include acquisition analytics, DCF modeling, and working closely with VP Finance & Acquisitions.
- Three to Six years of financial reporting and accounting experience required.
- Hotel/hospitality experience is required
- Such experience can be supplemented with public accounting audit experience (with audit clients being heavy in real estate, hospitality, or resorts).
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA license is preferred.
- Ability to assist with drafting of U.S. GAAP basis financial statements with footnotes for non-public entities based on research performed and assistance with the completion of the applicable U.S. GAAP financial statement disclosure checklist.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in word format to BChamberlin(at)allianceresourcegroup(dot)com