Accounts Payable Lead
1360 Reynolds Ave #101 Irvine, California 92614
Rapidly growing consumer products company in the Irvine area is looking for an Accounts Payable Lead who will be responsible for supporting the A/P Manager and compiling, recording, verifying, and maintaining data and payments to accounts payable records and reviewing the work of junior staff members.
- Inputting invoices into the general ledger accounting system, including posting to proper business unit, department and account codes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establishing good relationships across departments and business units to obtain proper approvals for invoices.
- Ensuring that all approved invoices are prioritized and paid in accordance with cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Understanding vendors used by the Company, related agreements and payment terms to support accrued expense
- Allocating certain bills to different business units, departments and subsidiaries.
- Ensuring only approved vendors are established in the general ledger accounting system.
- Processing Electronic Funds Transfer requests, Check requests, and wire transfer requests. (not sure if the new people will process payments)
- Matching invoices to payment requests, obtaining all signatures and approvals for payments and distributing accordingly.
- Reconciling vendor statements; researching and correcting discrepancies; responding to vendor inquiries.
- Maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with Company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Developing/maintaining payable aging reports and files on vendor account balances; reconciling monthly.
- Employee expense report auditing against the Company’ s established policies.
- Performing monthly and quarterly expense variance analysis.
- Interfacing with management in various departments, including engineering, sales, operations, technology and legal
- A.S or B.S. in Accounting
- 2-4 years of experience in accounts payable or general accounting functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Pride in accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications; primarily Excel.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Familiarity with handling intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Experience with international transactions and foreign exchange a plus
- Great follow up skills, ability to take initiative and think out of the box
- Team Player
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exposure and experience in Sarbanes Oxley a plus