Accounts Payable Lead
1360 Reynolds Ave #101 Irvine, CA 92614
Accounts Payable Manager
Irvine based apparel company is looking for an Accounts Payable Lead to join the team on a temp to hire basis. We are searching for a highly motivated individual to lead 3 direct reports and be a key partner to many functions in the company. This is a newly created position due to the company’ s growth and the need to make A/P processes more efficient.
- Manage the daily operations of the A/P department, including timely entering of invoices, daily payments, and email monitoring.
- Significantly reduce A/P processing time by identifying and implementing efficient A/P processes that scale with the company’ s growth.
- Identify NetSuite functionality to leverage more efficient processes, including invoice approval routing and custom searches.
- Manage annual 1099 reporting process, including receipt of all W9s, tracking, and possible implementation of 1099 filing software.
- Act as the liaison between Accounts Payable and internal departments. Support cross functional business improvement initiatives.
- Manage accounts payable staff, including employment decisions, training, performance appraisals, and development.
- Perform month-end A/P reconciliations and closing duties. Research, identify and resolve reconciling items.
- Document all A/P processes and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced user of Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years of prior experience managing an A/P department
- NetSuite experience a major plus