Accounts Payable Lead/Specialist
1625 Electric Venice, CA 90291
Amazing Silicon Beach Company looking for Strong AP Specialists to join their team!
Our client is a cutting edge, dynamic, hyper-growth company in Silicon Beach (Venice) that is looking for talented Accounts Payable Specialists/Leads to join their growing team.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to get in on the ground floor. The company is well capitalized, and within one year, is already operating in more than eight countries!
If you want to take your career to the next level, this is the position for you!
This person will track budget expenses, ensure that payments are made in a timely manner, and resolve discrepancies as they arise. The right person for this role is detail-oriented, proactive, analytical, and a team player.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verify federal id numbers; schedule and prepare checks; resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insure credit is received for outstanding memos; issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; prepare checks
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry; verify documentation
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Maintain historical records and vendor files
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Produce monthly reports and assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Perform related work as needed
- Experience doing statement reconciliations
- 5-7 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Relentless drive and ability to execute
- Ability to anticipate the company’ s needs and provide excellent customer service
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Possesses an eye for detail as accuracy is imperative
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Exercises sound judgment
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable
- Strong knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Strong knowledge of relevant accounting software / experience working in an ERP system
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor’ s degree in economics, finance, business, accounting, or related field preferred but not mandatory