Accounts Payable Specialist
Lake Forest, CA 92630
As the Accounts Payable Specialist you will own the entire accounts payable process, as well as participate in building out related processes and procedures at the growing fast-paced organization. You will come with a hands-on and versatile professional background and will be responsible for ensuring proper accounting for the business results through the accurate and timely accounts payable function.
• Manage workload to ensure efficiency for AP full cycle processing.
• Understand GL structure to accurately code expenses to proper business entity, department and GL account. Help develop coding guidelines as the business changes.
• Audit vendor invoices to ensure quantity and price of products/services accuracy, work with the business to obtain approvals prior to payment.
• Reconcile vendor statements and work with vendors on issue resolution.
• Prepare weekly payment proposals.
• Create AP related entries including month end accruals.
• Reconcile AP sub-ledgers and other AP related accounts to GL monthly.
• At least 3 years full cycle A/P processing work experience;
• Understand accounting GL structure;
• Able to meet accounting and project-driven timelines;
• Effective written and verbal communication skills coupled with a client service attitude;
• Attention to detail and passion for maintaining immaculate records;
• Strong system skills and prior system implementation experience is a strong plus.
• Must enjoy problem solving, streamlining work, identifying areas for improvement and following through to drive related changes.
• Willingness to constantly grow and be challenged