Accounts Payable Specialist
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
• Assign appropriate general ledger codes to invoices.
• Ensure accounts payable documents are approved, complete and in compliance with policy prior to issuing payment.
• Enters accounts payable transactions into the accounting software.
• Ensure all check requests are supported with proper documentation (i.e., invoice, receipts, etc.) and are routed to the appropriate department director for approval.
• Reconciles check/ach payment totals to invoice control totals and batch totals. Ensures that invoice line items foot to invoice totals.
• Print checks and prepares ACH payment file for review and obtains appropriate signatures prior to payment distribution.
• Maintains check logs and monitors numbering for missing check numbers. Reports discrepancies to controller.
• Perform month and year end Accounts Payable close procedures within established timelines.
• Reconcile AP aging reports to the general ledger.
• Monitor AP Aging to ensure payments are up to date.
• Analyze vendor data and trends and assist accounting staff with journal entry accruals and reclassifications when necessary.
• Maintain prepaid expense schedules and assist accounting staff with monthly journal entries to amortize expenses.
• Reconcile employee benefit invoices to payroll expenses and withholdings. Work collaboratively with Human Resources to resolve variances.
• Determine 1099 status for vendors. Ensure that 1099 forms are accurate and submitted according to IRS established submission deadlines.
• Reconcile corporate P-Card to receipts. Investigate and notify Controller of discrepancies.
• Manage the electronic invoice processing system.
• Handle vendor complaints and resolves payables related discrepancies.
• Provide invoice processing & coding for new managers and employees.
• Assists with Accounts Payable and Disbursement policies and procedure updates.
• Implements Accounts Payable and Disbursement policies and procedures.
• Provide supporting documentation for audits.