Accounts Receivable Manager (Interim)
15 Cushing Irvine, CA 92618
Growing Consumer Products company in the Irvine area is looking for a seasoned Accounts Receivable Manager (Consultant or Consultant to hire) who can 1) lead the management of and the day-to-day leadership of the AR, Billing, Chargeback and Cash Application processes and 2) managing and driving DSO and other areas of improvement across the organization.
- Responsible for driving DSO improvement across organization; managing credit and collections globally; improving the existing processes to recover delinquent accounts; minimizing past due accounts, achieving target DSO and establishing reasonable credit terms and collection tactics
- Monitor and evaluate global accounts receivable, coordinate credit issues and decisions for global customers
- Prepare and manage write-offs and allowance for doubtful accounts reserve analysis
- Review the existing policies, processes and procedures and identify any process deficiencies; recommend action items for process improvement
- Prepare SOX compliance control documents
- Manage Credit & Collection team, providing training and guidance
- Manage customer accounts including big box retailers and EDI customers
- Manage all chargebacks and disputes. Additionally, resolve and research deductions and account discrepancies.
- Process clearing of authorized deductions and disputing unauthorized deductions
- Cash applications/incoming payments; wires, EFT, checks, and credit cards
- Perform research and reconciliations of customer deductions for chargeback / credit memos
- Manage the customer aging process.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree required, preferably in accounting or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience of practical accounts receivable experience in a professional services environment required
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in contract to cash process in a global company required
- Experience in supervisory, people management, and team leadership
- Experience in accounting and financial systems required.
- Strong analytical skills to efficiently evaluate A/R, trends, past due customers, and allowance balance analysis
- Accounting skills to effectively interface with accounting team and manage credit and collection G/L accounts
- Ability to analyze financial statements to evaluate potential for customer credit risk
- Basic knowledge of bankruptcy rules and ability to apply to distressed customer accounts