Accounts Receivable Specialist
15 Cushing Irvine, CA 92618
Growing consumer products company in the Irvine area is looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their team on a contract basis. This company has a great work culture and is truly and exciting place to work. The team is close and is active with each other.
The ideal candidate will be eager to apply their AR experience and add value to a company immediately.
- Manage customer accounts including big box retailers and EDI customers
- Manage all chargebacks and disputes. Additionally, resolve and research deductions and account discrepancies.
- Process clearing of authorized deductions and disputing unauthorized deductions
- Cash applications/incoming payments; wires, EFT, checks, and credit cards
- Perform research and reconciliations of customer deductions for chargeback / credit memos
- Manage the customer aging process.
- Business-to-business collections and answering inquiries (phone and emailing)
- Perform collection of open accounts receivable through contacting customers, working with account management and sales team. Issue standard credit memos.
- Create financial reports for senior management.
- Monitor EDI billing execution and resolve issues identified through account reconciliations
- Access customer portals to retrieve, navigate, research, and dispute
- Respond to A/R collection emails and inquiries.
- Prepare manual sales orders as needed
- Create month-end Accounts Receivable summaries and reconciliations for assigned customers
- Continuous process improvement and desktop procedure contribution.
- Complete ad-hoc projects.
The successful candidate possesses:
- 2+ years AR or accounting experience
- Experience in consumer products preferred
- Advanced Excel skills are a must.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in accounting optional