Assistant Controller ($150M+ Tech / CPG | growing rapidly)
Seal Beach, CA 90740
ARG is searching for an Assistant Controller to join a $100M+ technology / consumer goods company experiencing tremendous growth over the past 2.5 years with the infrastructure to continue growing organically and via acquisition. Product demand exceeds supply as they continue expanding internationally.
This position is slotted to become the Controller within the first year of joining, and will report to the head of Finance and Accounting.
Comp: $145k + 15-20% bonus (varies depending on overall experience). A+ benefits.
Assistant Controller - What you' ll be doing:
The Assistant Controller oversees most aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The Assistant Controller also plays a key role in merger and acquisition due diligence and post close integration.
Assistant Controller - Your job:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate with standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Lead all audit activity, including annual external audits and quarterly bank audits
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership informed about financial status;
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the Chief Financial Officer, including comparisons of actual cash flows to budget and managing future outflows of cash
- Maintain banking relationship, including monthly submission of financial statements and borrowing base certificates to support line of credit advances
- Manage and track assets, including oversight of additions, disposals, transfers, and reconciliation of month-end activity
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process, including review of all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Assistant Controller - Your Background:
- 4 year college degree in Accounting or related field experience
- 6-9 years of total experience, at least 3 years directly managing seniors and/or manager(s)
- SAP highly preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel (necessity)
- CPA a plus