150 5th St Suite 100 Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Alliance Resource Group is partnered with a $50M E-Commerce/consumer products company located in Fountain Valley, growing 30%+ YoY. As a key member in the accounting department, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, reviewing all the significant / unusual / one-time transactions prior to execution and assisting with the monthly close process and special projects as directed by the CFO. This position will interact with all departments within the organization and will have great exposure to senior executive management.
This individual MUST BE dynamic, motivated, and a licensed CPA.
This is by no means a requirement, but worth noting the existing culture consists of athletic/outdoorsy/competitive people with a high sense of urgency, emotional intelligence, and who all want career growth.
Oversee GL accounting (2 Senior Accountants), A/P, A/R, and inventory accounting + all month end and year end close activities, financial statement reporting, variance review with CFO, and External Audit. In addition, manage monthly reconciliation of all inventory accounts, and:
- Perform data analysis on accounting transactions
- Assist in implementing appropriate inventory internal controls and process improvements
- Assist with implementation of new accounting systems and processes required
- Interact directly with the independent auditors to discuss and resolve inventory accounting issues in a timely manner
- Prepare/Review monthly and weekly inventory reporting
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting, and monthly presentations to executive leadership team.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- 7-12 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably a mix of public and private accounting with an emphasis on retail, CPG, or manufacturing (or anything dealing with inventory) industry experience.
- Advanced PC skills with a high proficiency in Excel and data analytics required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
- Experience in e-commerce, technology, or consumer goods preferred (not required)