26051 Merit Circle Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Our client is a privately held, venture-backed company developing innovative technologies in the medical device arena. With a recent successful commercial entry of their product line, they are now poised for significant growth and a potential IPO. As a result, they have engaged our search firm to identify an Assistant Controller to help facilitate the impressive growth.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Assistant Controller is responsible for the systems, processes and practices that will serve as the foundation needed to safeguard the company’ s financial and physical assets. This position will help define the processes that must be in place to ensure compliance, accurate reporting and ultimately provide controls for managing costs. As a key leader of the company’ s accounting team, the Assistant Controller will work at implementing best practices and be expected to give input to the company’ s overall processes for internal controls and SEC reporting.
- In consultation with the VP of Finance and/or CFO develops financial, operational and administrative policies and internal controls.
- Manages certain outsourced accounting vendors and functions.
- Develops weekly and monthly monitoring of agreed upon key performance indicators.
- Establishes, monitors, and enforces internal controls.
- Prepares for and manages the annual audit of the financial statements by the company’ s external auditors.
- Analyzes financial performance and in conjunction with department heads, looks for ways to improve company performance and control costs.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports and analyses as necessary
- Ensures company compliance with federal, state and local government requirements and tax filings.
- Works with Management and external support to submit filings required by SEC
- Leads the implementation and ongoing management of other business information systems and processes from the accounting perspective for IPO readiness.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting.
- CPA required, with Public Accounting experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting and/or finance, with not less than two years at Manager level.
- Experience in public company (SEC/SOX) environment in at least one stage of career with the ability to implement SEC/SOX compliance.
- Knowledge of inventory systems, appreciative of regulatory environments and FDA.