6505 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90048
This position supports the accounting department and manages the administration of accounting policies, procedures, and programs. Responsibilities will cover all facets of accounting including revenue recognition, billing, collections, account reconciliations and financial reporting in compliance with US GAAP.
Essential Job Functions
- Month-end: Review, analyze and approve journal entries and data uploads for accuracy and completeness, in accordance with GAAP. review monthly account analysis that are prepared by staff accountants, and review financial and operational reports to identify and explain fluctuations in performance.
- Supervise all US day-to-day accounting operations including general ledger, AP, inventory accounting, fixed assets, and statutory reporting, and tax compliance
- Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering sales, earnings, profits, working capital, cash balances and other financial metrics based on past, present and expected operations.
- Diligent ownership of financial statements to insure accuracy - maintain internal control systems and enforcing proper policies for financial reporting.
- Developing innovative and effective solutions to problems in financial analysis, reporting and forecasting through individual effort or as part of a team.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management.
- Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/deliverables as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company.
- Assist in managing the accounts payable process to ensure proper invoice coding, proper expense approval, and timely vendor payment.
- Monitor payroll to ensure employees are properly coded to minimize the need for allocations.
- Worked with external partners including auditors, investors and advisors to better, increase the Company’ s capabilities and incorporate best practices into the Accounting team and across the company
- Manages financial and SOX audits with internal and external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Mentor, train and develop department staff accountants.
- Develop and monitor daily and weekly reports of operations activities and key performance measures.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and identify opportunities to streamline administrative processes.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses at the direction of the Controller.
- Minimum 8 years experience – combined Public & Private experience
- CPA License highly preferred
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Advanced Excel and some exposure to large ERP (currently undergoing implementation)