Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervise and develop 3+ direct/indirect reports.
• Develop/improve internal control policies and procedures within the department and monitor compliance.
• Ensure that strong internal accounting controls and processes exist throughout the department to provide timely and accurate financial reporting results.
• Coordinate the monthly close process, perform both the domestic and global consolidations, and prepare the month-end financial statement package.
• Perform the detailed review of account reconciliations and journal entries and prepare the most complex reconciliations.
• Research authoritative literature for proper treatment of accounting matters.
• Coordinate with directors and managers within the accounting and finance departments on accounting related matters and projects.
• Work in conjunction with other departments to (1) gather information to determine the appropriate accounting treatment for various transactions, and (2) ensure other departments are maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Plan, coordinate, prepare for, and execute the annual financial statement audit.
• Prepare any ad hoc reports as requested by the Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
• Develop and maintain a list of system improvement opportunities.
• At least annually, present to leadership those system improvements that will provide the greatest benefit to the organization.
• Be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance of those system improvements approved for implementation.
• Assist in the design, implementation, maintenance of system enhancements, in general.
Experience & Requirements:
• Bachelor' s degree from four-year College or University (MBA preferred); and a CPA license is required!
• Experience with a Big 4/Mid-Tier accounting firm as an experienced senior associate or manager required (experience with clients on public security exchanges preferred and clients requiring internal controls audit under Sarbanes-Oxley preferred); and a minimum of six years in a progressive accounting role
• Extensive supervisory and managerial experience required!
• Ability to make daily decisions involving internal control compliance, accounting matters, and reporting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Possesses the ability to lead or participate in presentations to senior executive team members.
• Must be able to oversee/develop multiple direct reports to develop/maintain a cohesive, and competent group.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 (or comparable ERP system), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUp, Macros, etc.)