Whittier, CA 90603
Alliance Resource Group is partnered with an industry leading Aerospace Manufacturer, headquartered in Whittier. With 40 years experience, a proven track record of success, an eye for innovation, and dedication to process improvement, our client is experiencing sustained organic growth. In-order to support this growth we are seeking a strategic Assistant Controller to provide support and leadership to this experienced team.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing the day-to-day actives of the accounting team to produce M/Q/Y end financial statements accordance with GAAP standards. Additionally, this position oversee the operational and cost accounting teams. Furthermore, the Assistant Controller will provide leadership, financial training and guidance to all persons on the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all aspects of the Accounting Department
- Oversees all transactions related to general ledger, accounts receivable/payable.
- Maintains an effective system of internal controls
- Build and mantain cost accounting models/standards
- Play a key role in identifying and implementing process improvement projects
- Supervises and develops accounting department; a team of 4
- Develops and maintains all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
- Ensures that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares and reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Review bank reconciliations.
- Lead year-end financial statement audit, mid-year audit, quarterly reviews and tax return preparation with external auditors.
- Understands and supervises all aspects of cash flow, working jointly with finance manager including preparing and updating cash flow projections and liquidity requirements.
- Support ongoing system maintenance, upgrades and enhancements of the financial systems (general ledger and support systems) and related reporting.
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Minimum 5 + years of experience within a manufacturing setting
- 5 + years of experience in a leadership role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Cost Accounting foundation
- 2 + years of public accounting experience
- CPA Preferred