Associate - Acquisitions Analyst
1920 Main St Suite 1200 Irvine, CA 92614
The Acquisitions Analyst will be a part of the transaction team that evaluates transaction opportunities. With a primary focus on the medical office segment, the Acquisitions Analyst will cross train to gain experience with Life Sciences and Seniors Housing assets. Principal responsibilities include:
- Construct and maintain financial models (Argus and Excel) for proposed investments; manage sensitivity and scenario analyses.
- Calculate Unlevered/levered IRR, NPVs, DCF valuations, earnings accretion/dilution, and JV waterfall structures.
- Actively underwrite new transactions and engage internal resources to vet assumptions
- Review, analyze and underwrite due diligence materials, including market leasing assumptions, rent and sales comparables, revenue and expense analysis, operations, 3rd party reports and general corporate financial analysis
- Assist in drafting deal discussion, investment committee and board of director presentations (Powerpoint).
- Maintain transaction pipeline reporting database.
- Assist in closing process (estoppels, pro-rations, settlement statements, wire activity)
- Review and learn to negotiate transaction documents
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited college or university, in Finance, Business, Economics or Accounting (or similar) is required.
- Ability to work independently inside of a team environment and contribute to the team.
- Effectively communicate and present information.
- Thorough, Objective, Takes Ownership.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make business recommendations.
- Teamwork and leadership capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Active experience with Argus is required.
- Expert knowledge using spreadsheet programs (including Microsoft Excel) and presentation programs (including PowerPoint) required.
- Pursuit of CFA, a plus.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel (less than 10% of the time).