Associate Accounting Manager
Irvine, CA 92602 US
- Perform financial close procedures including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and other analyses related to complex accounting areas.
- Responsible for maintaining the Accounting close management tool (FloQast) for global company-wide application.
- Regularly evaluate general ledger accounts to ensure that underlying support is appropriate and investigate and resolve any reconciling variances in a timely manner.
- Maintain close partnership with FP&A team to support growing business needs throughout the organization.
- Maintain effective internal controls including appropriate supporting documentation in a SOX compliant environment.
- Partner cross-functionally with various departments on ad hoc special projects and liaise with internal/external auditors on a quarterly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks and projects effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate confidently and professionally to all levels of an organization.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, general ledger, and general accounting concepts such as intercompany eliminations, transfer pricing, and revenue recognition.
- Ability to continuously identify and enhance accounting processes to streamline operations and improve efficiency while maintaining or increasing accuracy.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience from public and/or private industry.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance preferred.
- Manufacturing and/or medical device company experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, NetSuite preferred.
- Light lifting <10Ibs.
- Extensive computer use.
- Extended periods of sitting or speaking.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Director, Executive Search
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!