Business Unit Controller
2652 McGaw Avenue Irvine, CA 92614
This role will be responsible for the management of the financial and accounting departments; providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company' s future. They will oversee and regulate corporate funds and accounts, establish budgets, approve expenditures and provide guidance to ensure the financial solvency of the company.
This person will direct and plan the preparation of reports to summarize and forecast business activities and financial positions in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations. They will have the ability to maximize return on financial assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
This position reports to the SVP, Finance
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Below are the essential duties:
- Oversee the activities of the Dosimetry Services Division accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the AR/AP departments to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
- Review/Approves Credit Requests & Adjustment Forms
- Track collection’ s team metrics on weekly/monthly basis
- Oversee Revenue Recognition and compliance for Services Based Company (Sr. Financial Analyst)
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company' s value.
- Play a key role in the migration from SAGE MAS to Microsoft Dynamics AX, Softrax for revenue recognition, Host Analytics for Corporate reporting and consolidations (report to parent company), Blackline for Account Reconciliations, and heavy use of advanced Excel.
- Oversee the month end close activities for the Division ensuring 5 day close deliverables and objectives are met consistently.
- Oversee the Account Reconciliation process for all Balance Sheet accounts monthly
- Support local management reporting and forecasting process of P&L, Balance Sheet, Net Working Capital, Cash Flow
- Respond to SVP, Finance as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate her financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, auditors and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 7-10 years of hands-on senior level accounting experience.
- 5-7 years of managerial experience as an Assistant Controller or Controller in an operating division/business unit with revenue of similar relevant size ($30mm-$150mm)
- Experience in overseeing reporting for multiple entities that rollup into an Operating Division/Business Unit
- Strong financial process and management skills.
- Knowledge of financial software and ERP systems
- Actively participated in a major ERP upgrade or migration
- Worked in a Company generating 30+ million in Revenue (relevant experience for this role between 50m-200m)
- Worked in a service based industry
- Ability to understand and explain complex billing structures and invoice calculations
- Strong cost accounting experience and experience in fixed asset accounting
- Solid auditing skills.
- Proven ability to develop budgets and track budget expenses.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with LEAN.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (AX)
- CPA certification
- Service background preferred, subscription based, high volume – experience with Services Revenue recognition
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment with strong cost accounting skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Will work in an office setting and will be assigned an office.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.