CFO - Controller
Laguna Beach, CA 92607 US
As the CFO of our small yet dynamic company, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the business. You will work closely with the leadership team to drive financial strategy, ensure accurate financial reporting, and contribute to the company's growth and profitability. Your expertise will be instrumental in making strategic decisions that align with our mission and objectives.
- Develop and execute financial strategies that support the company's growth and enhance profitability.
- Prepare and present accurate financial statements, reports, and analyses to the executive team and stakeholders.
- Provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections.
- Monitor cash flow, manage budgets, and ensure effective working capital management.
- Oversee the financial aspects of our diverse investment portfolio, including collectibles and wineries.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and conduct financial due diligence on potential acquisitions or ventures.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, tax regulations, and legal requirements.
- Manage banking relationships, negotiations, and credit facilities.
- Supervise the accounting team, providing leadership, mentorship, and professional development.
- Participate in executive meetings and contribute to overall business strategy discussions.
- Drive process improvements within the finance department and across the organization.
- Stay updated on industry trends, economic developments, and relevant regulations that may impact the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field (MBA preferred).
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) designation is a plus.
- Proven experience (at least 8-10 years) as a CFO or similar financial leadership role in a small to mid-sized company, preferably in alternative investments or related industries.
- Strong financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting skills.
- Experience with Sage or Great Plains accounting software is a plus but not required.
- Excellent understanding of financial regulations, compliance, and reporting.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate financial data into actionable insights.
- Effective communication skills to present complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adaptability and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Resides in or willing to relocate to Orange County, California.
- Work in a stunning Orange County office located on the beach, providing an inspiring and relaxing environment.
- Join a close-knit team of professionals who are passionate about alternative investments.
- Opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of a family-owned business.
- Competitive compensation package, including salary, benefits, and potential performance-based bonuses.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!