15 Cushing Irvine, CA 92618
Growing consumer products company in the Irvine area is looking for an experienced Chargeback Specialist to join their team on a contract basis. This company has a great work culture and is truly and exciting place to work. The team is close and is active with each other.
The ideal candidate will be eager to apply their expertise and add value to a company immediately.
- Analyze, process and resolve chargeback items to establish appropriate credit within contractual requirements through extensive research of EDI submissions to resolve discrepancies between the wholesaler requests for credit and the company’ s chargeback system.
- Handle high volume rebates and applying rebates to accounts
- Handle damaged good and short-payment claims.
- Minimize issues by demonstrating a strong sense of urgency and accurate performance of tasks.
- Adhere to pre-established milestones and goals as a self-starter with a high level of initiative to drive results.
- Negotiate to ensure Wholesaler / Distributor paybacks are agreed to and paid in a timely manner as they relate to ineligible claims and to resolve unjustified deductions.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative, results oriented working relationships with internal and external partners through excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work collectively with team in identifying new process and system improvement opportunities and identify, resolve, or escalate repetitive or complex discrepancies.
- Ensure SOPs are up to date and the team maintains a thorough understanding of chargeback processes and policies.
- Analyze large Excel files and provide accurate and meaningful data at the request of Management.
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred; High School degree required
- 1-3 years accounts receivable and data analysis experience with a strong understanding of general accounting
- Consumer product or retail industry experience is strongly desired
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office (Word & Excel) with solid navigational skills in Windows programs.
- ERP system experience (prefer Netsuite)
- Experience collaborating directly with large and complex wholesaler / distributor accounts is desired.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, organizational, problem solving, decision making, written/verbal communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Demonstrate ability to build cross functional relationships and influence outcomes