Chief Financial Officer
1365 N. Scottsdale Rd. , 100 Scottsdale, AZ 85257 US
We are seeking an experienced and strategic Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our client’s executive team to lead and execute the company’s vision and financial strategy as they continue to scale and expand its operations through acquisition and organic growth. As the CFO, you will play a critical role in shaping the financial future of the company and facilitating sustainable revenue, profit, and value growth.
The position requires an experienced Chief Financial Officer who can lead the financial function as a partner to the CEO. You will be a hands-on leader capable of developing and optimizing the existing finance team while building out a scalable, proactive, and forward-looking finance and accounting function to support growth. Experience in a B2B services, tech-enabled business services context will be an asset, particularly with various types of revenue streams. Best practices learned in a large corporate context combined with entrepreneurial, in-the-trenches middle-market process build-out and value enhancement experience will be an asset.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and direct reports include the Corporate Controller. The position will formulate overall financial plans, policies, and strategies for the organization in alignment with business strategies for aggressive growth. The role will be responsible for the accounting, tax, risk management, financial planning and budgeting, treasury, and controllership functions. The position will direct activities to invest and secure the organization’s assets and funds and provide strategic direction on acquisitions and diversifications. The CFO will also manage the annual audit process and relationships with tax advisors.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 15 years of working experience with at least six years’ experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably in a multi-national organization with revenues more than $100 million per year.
- Previous CFO experience in a leveraged environment with complex debt structures including management of financial covenants, borrowing base projections and calculations and management of relations across financial institutions. Strong experience in treasury functions, cash flow forecasting, proactive management of cash and management communication will be key for this role.
- Previous CFO experience across multiple years for a private equity backed business that experienced a significant increase in revenue, profit and valuation and a successful exit are a strong plus.
- Global CFO experience in a fast paced, technology services industry with experience in managing operations across diverse nationalities and cultures.
- Previous CFO experience in financial evaluation, due diligence, negotiation, financing and integration of divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Executive management experience and track record in budget management, strategy setting and execution.
- Exposure to dealing with Tax Advisors, Investment Bankers, Banks, Auditors, Legal advisors, Suppliers.
- Provide leadership and management of the Finance and Accounting team and financial processes which includes the financial planning, accounting and financial reporting, treasury, tax, and risk management functions.
- Provide leadership and oversight to financial planning processes including the development and coordination of Business Unit and company-wide strategic plans, goals and objectives. Oversee the development of short and long-term financial plans for the organization.
- Lead the process and be a thought partner to the CEO for assessing potential acquisitions, new ventures, and other growth opportunities. Devise strategies to fund and integrate new acquisitions and new ventures into the organization.
- Set the tone and standards for an internal control structure that maintains the integrity of financial information across all global business units and functions.
- Lead the development of timely and insightful financial and operational analyses. Determine the management reporting needs of the organization to facilitate decision-making, cost savings initiatives, strategic actions, accountability and performance improvement. Provide leadership in the implementation of these decisions.
- Manage the relationships with our banking partners to manage our cash needs and the requirements of our credit agreements. Oversee development and implementation of best practices for cash management programs.
- Provide oversight to the development and implementation of tax planning strategies that align with the company’s risk tolerance and minimize tax liabilities globally.
- Participate as a key member of Management Leadership Team in setting the overall direction and strategy of the Company.
- Build and develop an integrated Finance and accounting team and promote knowledge sharing across the Finance team to enhance skills and encourage individual development and growth as well as improve organizational effectiveness. Establishes standards for performance and ensures that financial personnel are properly directed and qualified to fulfill their job responsibilities. Perform functions typically associated with managing and leading others, including performance management, recruitment and selection, and compensation and policy administration. Mentor, coach, and develop direct reports for succession opportunities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills across large/diverse people business and ability to recruit, develop and maintain high-performing team.
- Operated in a customer orientated environment, with experience in professional services industry desirable.
- Strong personality to effectively manage remotely, be independent and firm whilst at same time a team player.
- Good interpersonal skills and driver of change
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be accountable and deliver on your promises.
- Strong bias towards action and independent problem solving.
- Proactively over deliver and support your team and its mission.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, be calm under pressure, reduce ambiguity and formulate a roadmap to achieving results
Meet Your Recruiter
Jennifer Hannigan, CPA
Founder & CEO
Jennifer founded Alliance Resource Group in 2003 after four years as a consistent top five performer for a prominent national staffing agency. Jennifer’s vision was to take the best of both contingent and retained search firms and merge them into a single platform. ARG represents this vision with the high touch, highly consultative approach of the retained industry coupled with the sense of urgency and extensive and broad network of a contingent firm. Born and raised in San Diego, her claim to fame was winning the Metric Marathon in 5th grade. She wandered North and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. A Certified Public Accountant and Deloitte Alum, Jennifer has found her true professional calling running a world class staffing firm.
With boundless energy, this mother of triplets plus two successfully handles the demands of running a business and raising five children. If Jennifer had any spare time, she would enjoy scrapbooking, cooking, wine tasting, Lyle Lovett concerts and travel. Jennifer is a huge Star Wars fan; so much so that she embraced her inner geek with Star Wars Pop Art for the corporate office.