Controller ($300M Ecomm / sports)
5601 Skylab Rd huntington beach, CA 92647 US
Alliance Resource Group has partnered exclusively with a high-growth $300M tech/athletic brand located in Los Alamitos. This is an amazing opportunity for a high-performing Controller to learn first-hand from a world-class CFO.
- CPA license REQUIRED.
- Average tenure of at least 4 years per employer. No consultants please.
- Preferred: would like to hire someone stepping up? into this position, rather than making a lateral move.
- Track record of steady career progression
For immediate Consideration, please email your resume to Brad at BChamberlin(at)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com
What makes this a great opportunity:
- Amazing culture of high performing accounting and finance members.
- Overall Culture is passionate, competitive, dynamic, and mostly extroverted. Accounting/Finance team is the same.
- This position gets a gorgeous large office beside the CFO. Facility includes multiple kitchens, game rooms, and frequent activities and visits from recognizable celebrities.
- This role will oversee a team of 5 accounting managers and seniors.
- This position will be in-office 4-5 days/week with flexible start/end times and plenty of flexibility as needed.
Comp: $180k - $210k base + 10-15% cash bonus
- Excellent benefits + 401k match
- Culture: phenomenal culture of highly intelligent, yet humble, fun, and interactive team members.
How to Apply:
- Due to high applicant volume, DO NOT apply directly to this posting. Please route resumes to Brad at BChamberlin(at)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com for consideration.
You will play a critical role in ensuring accurate financial statements, implementing robust internal controls, and providing strategic financial guidance to support the company's growth and compliance with regulatory requirements. This is a senior-level position that requires extensive experience in accounting, financial analysis, and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- A CPA license is REQUIRED.
- 8 - 13 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance roles, with good stability.
- Experience managing financial reporting processes, including working with external auditors.
- Excellent managerial skills, with a proven ability to develop and motivate a high-performing team.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams, executive management, and external stakeholders.
- Ideally, this person will be able to drive process improvements, integrate robust reporting/BI tools, and installing technological advances to current methodologies. Company will absolutely fund any tech advances which better the business and achieve reporting improvements.
The ideal candidate should be interested in being groomed to take over the CFO position in 4-6 years and passionate about learning ins/outs of finance and high-level reporting.
This is a very rare opportunity for a high-performer and reports to a seriously high-performing CFO.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
After receiving his bachelor’s in accounting with a minor in economics from Cal State Fullerton, Brad went to work as an auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers. Brad really enjoys networking, so becoming a recruiter was an easy decision. When asked what he likes best about recruiting he replied, “The satisfaction of seeing the people we place being promoted and our clients becoming long-term trusted partners. It’s a great feeling when your candidate becomes a client by way of promotion.”
Brad is our only recruiter that can land a 360 flip on a skateboard and break 80 on the golf course. Impressive! If Brad had a free day, he would want to spend time with friends doing something competitive.