Controller - Pre-IPO company
aliso viejo, CA 92656
Our client is a privately held, PE backed medical device company. With a recent successful commercial entry of their product line, they are now poised to go IPO.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for leading multiple functions under the accounting umbrella.
- Lead all SEC reporting and technical accounting functions.
- Manages certain outsourced accounting vendors and functions. Develop plan to bring accounting functions in house.
- Establishes, monitors, and enforces internal controls.
- Prepares for and manages the annual audit of the financial statements by the company’ s external auditors.
- Lead process improvement initiatives, define processes that scale with increasing revenue.
- Prepares special reports and analyses as necessary
- Ensures company compliance with federal, state and local government requirements and tax filings.
- Work closely with CFO on the development of finance functions.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting.
- CPA required, with Public Accounting experience.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in accounting and/or finance, with not less than two years at Manager level.
- Experience in public company (SEC/SOX) environment in at least one stage of career with the ability to implement SEC/SOX compliance.
- Knowledge of inventory systems, appreciative of regulatory environments and FDA.