Controller / VP Finance
Newport Beach, CA 92660
ARG is partnered exclusively with a high growth $30M professional services company in Newport Beach, in search of a VP Finance / Controller to oversee a team of five (Staff thru Manager). This role will be a strategic partner to leadership and will report to the President of the company. Our client has operations in 44 states in the US and is expanding internationally. This individual will serve as a member of the executive committee. This is an opportunity to be part of an innovative company with the means and intent to acquire new companies and continue growing both organically and via acquisition.
*Please note application instructions at bottom (↓).
- Responsible for overall management of accounting staff and the quality and quantity of work.
- Complete internal/external duties and reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner, including Call Report, Asset-Liability Management and budgeting. Identify and recommend cost saving or profit generating opportunities.
- Conducts data querying, manipulation, transformation, and analysis of large data sets. Enhances the data and reporting infrastructure to allow for faster and more effective information flow.
- Work with all departments to accumulate, distribute and analyze data for decision making.
- Assist in project management of overall initiatives and goals cross-departmentally.
- Must be strong with handling financial reporting for multiple entities/divisions, payroll oversight, budgeting/forecasting, managing external auditors, and able to quickly shift gears when necessary.
- Fast-paced environment with a dynamic and well-educated leadership team.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
- Participate in corporate policy development.
- Manage the company' s 401(k) plan.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
- Oversee/manage royalty payments, payroll, A/P, A/R
- Assist with federal and state tax returns (income, payroll, business license, property, and Sales & Use)
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA required
- *Nice to have: MS Dynamics software experience; Paylocity payroll software
- Minimum 12 years Accounting/Finance experience with a small-midsized company with a clear understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated working experience supervising staff with 3+ years of manager experience with the ability to lead others and work collaboratively with both staff and executive leadership.
- Must have strong software skills and be able to automate antiquated processes with reporting, payroll, budgeting/forecasting, financial modeling, etc. You must be able to explain how you' ve automated processes in the past and demonstrate a thorough understanding of Excel.
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented, organized, and a strategic thinker
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including macros, pivot tables, SQL tables, loading and manipulating data (highly preferred).
- Excellent management, written/verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in MS Word format to Brad at BChamberlin(a)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com