16-B Journey Suite 200 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
A very rapidly growing Inc. 500 Real Estate Investment firm is looking for a Corporate Controller to help us out! Our Corporate office needs a dynamic professional who is high energy, lots of fun, can handle high intensity - uber-organized, and can handle a wide variety of tasks; from ensuring our financial statements are completed timely to effectively managing cash flow, getting your hands dirty, and ensuring accuracy is a priority, to name a few. You will be working on major new developments - come help us grow!
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures in accordance with GAAP requirements.
- Manage corporate consolidated cash flow to maintain proper liquidity for operations and real estate investments.
- Management of accounting department, financial reporting, and general accounting.
- Consolidate quarterly/monthly work papers and balance sheet account analysis.
- Research and document GAAP issues, assess and implement new accounting pronouncements, document new accounting policies and procedures per GAAP standards.
- Manage all aspects of accounting operations for both the corporate accounts and the properties including timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
- Develop and lead an accounting team to deliver accurate and timely financial information.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation
- Coordinate with independent CPA firm the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, required reports and worksheets for both financial reporting and tax compliance.
- Assist with analysis and work paper preparation necessary for long-range tax planning for companies and stockholders.
- Assist in preparing investor reports and answer related inquiries.
- Assist in due diligence and loan underwriting for acquisitions, as requested.
- Establish and maintain internal and operational controls necessary to monitor performance.
- 10 + years’ experience (5+ in Real Estate preferred)
- Prior public accounting experience with a national or Big 4 firm
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- CPA Preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Excel, Access and Word and accounting software (QuickBooks Preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities. High degree of integrity.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Detail oriented.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues and projects concurrently under deadline pressure.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90, 000.00 to $125, 000.00 /year
- Student Housing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Controller: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 8 years (Required)