830 Challenger St. Brea, CA 92821
Aliance Resource Group has partnered with a made to order medical device manufacturer, founded in 2000. Specializing in contract manufacturing services for entrepreneurial start-up medical device companies, and then branching out to service multiple capabilities, adding new services and expanding operations. Over the years they have evolved to become a provider of “ regulated services” to a highly regulated medical device industry.
The Controller role is responsible for managing and directing daily accounting activities; ensuring proper accounting and recording of company transactions are performed in an accurate and timely manner; and producing financial and other key reports for management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support operational and accounting function
- Prepare annual consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for auditing monthly financial close and consolidation of the organization
- Direct oversight to accounting staff to drive performance: Mentoring
- Develop written procedures and policies related to assigned responsibilities
- Continuously improve and implement audit process improvements
- Support monthly closing activities; e.g. accruals, reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of internal reporting of corporate income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, and other quarterly/audit schedules
- Prepare monthly and quarterly schedules for month end close and covenant calculations
- Support key initiatives associated within the ERP software
- Assist with intercompany and elimination reconciliation and with preparation of cash flow statements
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting
- High-level financial reporting and analysis
- Regular budget consolidation
- Cash flow management
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Stakeholder management
- Debt management and collection
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Developing financial reviews and providing investment advice
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings
- Well-developed leadership skills
QUALIFICATIONS - The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- STRONG KNOWLEDGE USING ERP SYSTEMS, DBA Manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication, knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and mechanical aptitude
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA/CMA a preferred
- 10+ years of related experience working within the manufacturing industry. Medical Device Manufacturing industry preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing accounting professionals
- 2-3 years of experience preparing financial statements