16706-16716 Edwards Road Cerritos, CA 90703 US
This role will oversee the accounting and finance for a profitable $30M Manufacturing organization and will report to the CEO and responsible for managing a team of four staff responsible for all month end and year end close activities, cost accounting, financial statement reporting, variance review, external audit, and tax compliance. Perform data analysis on accounting transactions. The CEO is looking for someone who is dynamic and can partner with business operations to create greater efficiencies and develop reporting metrics to drive efficiency.
- Design & implement standard cost accounting system
- Mentor department responsible for GL accounting, AP and AR
- Implement appropriate inventory internal controls and process improvements
- Retain banking, CPA firm, and insurance relationships including yearly vendor renewal
- Interact directly with the independent auditor’s year end audit and tax compliance preparation.
- Work with the Accounting Manager to improve month end close processes
- Prepare budgeting, forecasting, and monthly presentations to executive leadership team.
- Lead ERP system upgrade
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Economics.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or MBA preferred
- 10-12 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably a mix of public and private accounting with an emphasis on manufacturing, retail, or CPG
- Expert knowledge of cost accounting
- Advanced PC skills with a high proficiency in Excel and data analytics required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
- Experience with ERP systems & implementations
Meet Your Recruiter
Born in Hollywood and raised in Los Angeles, Kyle was destined to be a star. When that did not work out, he did the next best thing and became a recruiter. After graduating from California State University, Long Beach with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Kyle began his professional career working in accounting as an Assistant Controller and Controller for several companies in the surf industry. After a number of years working in accounting, he became an entrepreneur and developed two successful coffee-house locations in Orange County where he was the CFO (and head barista).
In 2003 Kyle again shifted his career and became a financial recruiter in the Bay area with a large national staffing company where he was responsible for building successful recruiting teams. Kyle joined Alliance Resource Group in 2009 as a Recruiting Manager.
Kyle is a proud parent of two girls, Maya and Sage, whom are attending college in San Francisco, CA and Paris, France. In his spare time, Kyle loves to fire up the BBQ after a good surf session.