5521 Shaefer Avenue Chino, California 91708
$400M dynamic Apparel Company specializing in Action Sports is seeking a Controller at its Anaheim headquarter location. The organization has recently acquired two popular brands that has resulted in dramatic Sales growth prompting the new hire. Reporting to the CFO, this Financial position will be responsible for all matters in Accounting including General Ledger, financial statements and oversight of 8 person Accounting department. Key initial projects include implementation of ERP system, carve out of 3-4 separate businesses, and improved gross margin analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and report, at a consolidated level, all internal and external Financial Statements, ensuring that all transactions have been properly accounted for in accordance with GAAP and the Company policy.
- Plan and direct the monthly accounting close process for all business units and ensure that all general ledger accounts are adequately analyzed and reconciled, and variances resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, and other key financial metrics.
- Ensure that all entities have reconciled their intercompany transactions and all necessary sales and profits have been eliminated properly.
- Maintain the integrity of the current internal control environment. Design, implement and enforce accounting policies and procedures to improve the overall effectiveness of the accounting and financial reporting process.
- Help develop appropriate " Operating" and " Executive" level reporting packages.
- Experience working with foreign entities in multiple currencies is a plus.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and help business units resolve issues and make improvements to existing accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of company-wide ERP accounting system and help develop accounting control procedures.
- Identify and lead initiatives to improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting function.
- Support company growth initiatives by assisting with the integration of new businesses into the Nexus portfolio, providing training and guidance on Nexus policies.
- Experience with researching and documenting technical accounting matters.
- Work closely with public accounting firm on audit and tax filings.
- Plan and coordinate the annual financial audit process and all other external audits.
- Ensure Company’ s compliance with all regulatory agencies and various state/local taxing authorities.
- Identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and determine solutions to effectively resolve issues.
- Conduct ad hoc financial analyses and reports as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- 2+ years of prior management experience.
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred, but not required.
- Combination of public accounting and private industry experience would be ideal.
- Experience working with growth-oriented private equity firms.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Strong understanding of accounting/GAAP theory.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines; possessing a high sense of urgency and be deadline driven.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Able to manage workflow and meet deadlines and work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Full Circle experience is a plus
Highly profitable established company with over 25 year history
Medical health premiums fully paid for employee
Retirement/profit sharing plan with generous contribution by company
Job Type: Full-time