City of Industry, CA 90720
Highly reputable organization with several successful apparel brands has a Controller opportunity at the corporate office in the City of Industry. The Controller will be responsible for the general accounting functions, including Financial Statement preparation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Sales Audit, and Inventory Accounting. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a fast-paced work environment, has high professional standards, strong communication skills, works well independently and in teams. Apparel and/or manufacturing experience is strongly preferred. This position reports directly to the Company’ s VP of Finance.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. An aptitude to function within deadlines while working both independently and as a part of a team is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the monthly close process, ensure accurate financial results including comprehensive analysis of key expense and balance sheet items; be able to recommend actions steps and work with business partners to execute; review material journal entries.
- Issue timely and accurate financial reports, including preparation of monthly statements and reports for consolidation at parent company.
- Manage AR receivables with Factor/House accounts, review AR reserves.
- Manage vendor/supplier weekly payable schedules and ensure on-time payment.
- Review bi-weekly payroll prepared by the HR Department.
- Manage and review inventory reports, monitor movement, costing, and review inventory reserve for slow-moving inventory.
- Manage annual physical inventory process and analysis of physical inventory results.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process across all departments.
- Manage compliance with requirements of regulatory agencies and tax authorities (local, state international VAT, Canada GST/HST).
- Manage the quarterly review and annual audit with external auditors.
- Assist in the coordination of the annual tax compliance efforts with external tax preparers.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to comply with public company SOX requirements
- Establish and monitor internal controls, including manual documentation and continued oversight/maintenance.
- Assist in the enhancement of the ERP and accounting systems to capture desired information, coordinating as necessary with other departments.
- Perform other assigned projects and functions as directed by management.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in managerial capacity in accounting or finance.
- Public Accounting experience, Master’ s degree and CPA license preferred.
- Strong GAAP knowledge and experience in apparel and/or manufacturing.
- Exceptional leadership qualities with a proven ability to work cross-functionally between all departments within an organization and amongst various levels of management and staff.
- Extremely detail-oriented with an ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and proactively outline issues as they arise with a solutions-based approach to resolution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain business
Proficient in General Ledger Systems, financial ERP systems, Excel, Word and PowerPoint