Commerece, CA US
The Controller is responsible for both the day-to-day management of the Accounting function of the site and being an integral member of the site leadership team. The role involves supporting the strategic direction of the company through solid value-added analysis and efficient tactical execution of required tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Leads a team of 4 Accounting/Finance professionals. Assess and provide necessary talent development to support current business needs as well as future growth. Mentor and develop a cohesive team. Lead team to identify projects and set appropriate milestones to achieve. Lead a culture that challenges the status quo and drives continuous improvement.
- Oversees all aspects of the accounting and control functions and ensures that we operate in a highly efficient and effective manner. Monitors controls to correct deficiencies.
- Maximizes return, and limits risks, on making investments. Drive and generates Cash optimization.
- Calibrates with business partner to establish monthly rolling forecast and annual budget by setting aggressive and attainable financial goals.
- Lead cross functional team to develop appropriate inventory targets and optimize cash appropriately. Establish proper KPI to monitor and drive good net working capital decision.
- Lead cross functional team to understand and manage manufacturing variance; identify issues and opportunities on cost improvements. Collaborate with Engineering on New Product Standard Costing.
- Achieves budget objectives by establishing, monitoring, analyzing critical business and manufacturing KPIs. Provide ad hoc analytics to summarize and illustrate business risk or opportunities.
- Provides Management with timely and comprehensive updates of BU's financial status and progress in its various initiatives. Analyzing and identifying trends, risks, or opportunities for improvements.
- Oversees month end closing process including preparation and review of adjusting journal entries for Inventory.
- Lead team to develop ERP and Accounting processes to support Product Line P&Ls.
- Drives continuous improvement both within accounting and with the GM on manufacturing improvements.
- Acts as a strategic owner and problem solver of the business. Balances both long term and short terms needs. Leads team to drive necessary change both in personnel expansion and technology adoptions. Strives to find the most effective and efficient solutions to support operational strategies.
- Leads all aspects of standard costing and manufacturing performance improvement efforts. Utilize data to drive operational excellence.
- Leads Business Partners to prepare capital request process (RFA). Provide support for analytics that communicates project ROI.
- Lead business to vertical integrate or insourcing.
- Works with our internal and external stakeholder to ensure we are complying with GAAP and SOX. Guides financial decision by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills:
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance is required. A Strong Understanding of GAAP is a must.
Experience: 10+ years related manufacturing environment work experience with track record of success.
- Prior experience in a standard cost Manufacturing unit with revenue over $75M-$150M is imperative. Multi-site experience is highly desirable. Union Labor environment is a plus but not a requirement.
- Standard cost accounting experience is a must. Must have experience with lot traceability and more than 4+ level of Bill of Material.
- Experience in managing product line P&L
- Working with complex ERP Systems and reporting tools is a must. Knowledge of an ERP system beyond accounting module is a must. Syteline ERP experience is not a must but desirable. Similar Financial Reporting tools such as Hyperian Essbase, SAP BPC, IBM Planning and Analytic is desirable.
- Experience in full scope ERP implementation for a manufacturing company is highly desirable.
- Success track record in developing a winning team and driving a winning culture. Must have 5+years in leading professional level accounting/finance team.
- Business driven and savvy.
- Manages the detail and understand the big picture. Problem solver and result driven.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!