13345 Estelle Street Corona, CA 92879
Controller - Construction Industry - Corona - $110-150k!
We have partnered with a fast growing, dynamic construction company located in Corona that is looking to bring on a talented, hands-on controller that can help take the company to the next level!
There are two separate construction companies that are owned by three equity partners. Both companies operate out of the same location, have some shared services and are led by the President. Combined revenue is approximately $23 million annually and growing fast.
The company is well capitalized, owns it own equipment and has absolutely no revolving debt (zero balance on large line). Currently the company has about 150 employees. The company has been outsourcing the accounting leadership (Accounting Contractor/Controller) but is ready to bring on a true accounting leader to help bring the company to the next level.
POSITION SUMMARY & REQUIREMENTS:
Reporting directly to the President/Founder, this position will serve as the top finance and accounting position for the company.The controller will be responsible for all accounting, reporting, budgeting, cash flow management, risk management (insurance), and overseeing human resources and benefit administration.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement including the profit/loss, balance sheet, and the statement of cash flows
- Review and oversee the Accountants’ general accounting work, including draws, recording and processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable, job costing and general ledger postings for construction projects.
- Communicate with suppliers and project managers to manage draw requests/requirements and ensure pending issues are resolved to allow for timely release of payment.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by overseeing all financial project accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with project budgets throughout the project period to maximize positive cash flow.
- Provide support to company leadership for strategic planning, project budgeting and revenue forecasting.
- Manage the preparation of the annual tax return process by working with the third party tax accountants
- Work with the company’ s outside commercial and worker’ s compensation insurance providers to ensure optimal coverage and cost and ensure compliance in all operations
- Oversee the Human Resource Department
- Recommend policies and procedures relating to financial and business practices of the company.
- Responsible for building talent and supporting continuous improvement initiatives across the company
- Lead by example with “ Hands on” performance of key responsibilities.
- Complies with all company standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’ s in Accounting or equivalent
- 10 to 15 years of experience in progressive accounting roles
- Experience working in construction, real estate, or development industry
- Ability to lead a dynamic and growing team
- Create the right culture throughout the department
- Ability to work strategically with management
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid knowledge of construction accounting with a strong understanding of project cost control, percentage of completion and expense recognition.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve accounting issues timely and accurately.
- Solid knowledge of internal control functions and documentation.
- Ability to build internal and external business relationships.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Exceptional attention to details.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- A strong work ethic and a “ can-do” attitude.
- Excellent systems and reporting skills.