13345 Estelle Street Corona, CA 92879
We have partnered with a fast growing, dynamic and very profitable construciton company located in the Inland Empire. The company has experienced double digit growth rates over the last several years and has several projects in the pipeline.
Reporting directly to the President/Founder, this position will serve as the top finance and accounting position for the company. The controller will be responsible for all accounting, reporting, budgeting, cash flow management, risk management (insurance), and overseeing human resources and benefit administration.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement including the profit/loss, balance sheet, and the statement of cash flows
- Review and oversee the companies’ general accounting work, account reconciliations, and month end close; including draws, recording and processing of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, job costing, WIP entries, credit cards and general ledger postings.
- Communicate with suppliers and project managers to manage draw requests/requirements and ensure pending issues are resolved to allow for timely release of payment.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by overseeing all financial project accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with project budgets throughout the project period to maximize positive cash flow.
- Provide support to company leadership for strategic planning, project budgeting and revenue forecasting.
- Manage the preparation of the annual tax return process by working with the third party tax accountants.
- Work with the company’ s outside commercial and worker’ s compensation insurance providers to ensure optimal coverage and cost and ensure compliance in all operations.
- Oversee the Human Resource Department.
- Manage and supervise the administrative staff.
- Recommend policies and procedures relating to financial and business practices of the company.
- Responsible for building talent and supporting continuous improvement initiatives across the company
- Lead by example with “ Hands on” performance of key responsibilities.
- Complies with all company standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’ s in Accounting or equivalent.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in progressive accounting roles.
- Experience working in construction, real estate, or development industry; subcontractor experience highly preferred.
- Ability to lead a dynamic and growing team.
- Create the right culture throughout the department.
- \Ability to work strategically with management.
- Strong leadership skillss
- Solid knowledge of construction accounting with a strong understanding of project cost control, percentage of completion, WIP entry and expense recognition.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve accounting issues timely and accurately.
- Solid knowledge of internal control functions and documentation.
- Ability to build internal and external business relationships.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Exceptional attention to details.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- A strong work ethic and a “ can-do” attitude.
- Excellent systems and reporting skills.