El Cajon, CA 92019 US
- Support Plant Controller with month end close process & annual insurance or tax required reporting for timely and accurate submissions in conformity with company accounting policies, procedures, and control requirements.
- Prepare, review and post month-end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bridge analysis
- Lead and support SOX control testing and audit.
- Creation and maintenance of insightful financial analyses for management review and decision-making.
- Standard cost variance analysis
- Cost accounting and detailed gross margin review by job
- Sales trends by customers, product types and market segments
- Manufacturing efficiencies
- Other financial and manufacturing-oriented reporting as directed by management;
- Analyze, review and report metrics to determine the operational effectiveness of our manufacturing operations, business processes and profitability. Key reporting includes:
- Direct labor efficiency and utilization – understand trends and profit impacts, work with operations to drive improvements.
- Purchase price savings – understand market dynamics, work with supply chain to help drive sound purchasing decisions.
- Make vs. Buy analysis.
- Estimated cost builds for sales quotations – provide financial support to sales team to accurately and quickly quote profitable projects for the business.
- Take initiative to identify and develop ad hoc reports, special studies and financial analysis which drive the growth decision for the business.
- Lead and Drive necessary ERP implementation or modification to streamline processes
- Assist the preparing of the annual budget and mid year forecasts
- Direct and check work of accounting staff
- Confers with Controller on unusual or complex questions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
B.S. or B.A. Degree in Accounting plus 5 years or more experience as an accountant or accounting manager in a job costing or activity-based costing environment with a willingness to learn and develop new skills and processes.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Understands generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Must have experience in job costing and manufacturing costing environment. Minimum 3-5years.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems & Relationship database, preferably Job Boss or Syteline.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required, Power Query and Power BI a plus.
- Effective communication and efficient time management
- Critical thinking with the ability to solve problems.
- Leadership skills and the ability to encourage employee development.
- Highest degree of integrity and character who takes “ownership” of responsibilities.
- Strong analytical ability with a high degree of accuracy.
- Awareness and reliability of timelines for the timely and accurate reporting of financial performance.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!