12570 Knott Street Garden Grove, California 92841
Founded in 1951 as an established industry leader in manufacturing high-strength precision fasteners, Air Industries Company (AIC) is one of only a few companies qualified to meet the exacting standards of America’ s defense establishment and the world’ s aerospace and defense prime contractors.
- AIC’ s vast stock of fasteners consists of more than 40, 000 different part numbers. AIC fasteners are utilized by leading airframe, engine, spacecraft, and missile manufacturers.
- AIC’ s Quality Management System is registered to AS 9100, Revision C, and ISO 9001: 2008.
- AIC’ s efficient production system, automated equipment, and highly skilled work force have enabled us to respond rapidly to routine orders, respond very quickly to urgent needs, and produce custom specials made to print.
- AIC’ s dedication to quality has resulted in an intense focus that yields customer benefits in reliability and precision.
- AIC’ s specialty is working with titanium. AIC also uses super alloys and a wide variety of other high strength steels in the production of bolts and screws that range from .060" to 1¼ " in diameter.
The Controller is responsible for all financial aspects of the business and must ensure compliance with all PCC Corporate Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Responsible for all financial statements, internal and external audits, budgets, forecasts and strategic business plans, and must coordinate with Division and Corporate finance to achieve the goals and objectives of the business. Oversees daily operations of the Accounting department. Controls and monitors all company assets including inventory and fixed assets through cycle counting or other audit methodologies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes or recommends to management major economic strategies, objectives and policies for the company. Acts to link/align the major business functions to profitability, growth and cash flow.
- Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering sales, earnings, profits, working capital, cash balances and other financial metrics based on past, present and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management.
- Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/shipments as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company.
- Manages financial and SOX audits with internal and external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Acts as business unit Ethics Officer regarding compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and oversees all internal controls.
- Assists management with negotiation and review of Long Term Agreements with customers.
- Serves as advisor to and strategic partner with the General Manager of the business, assisting in most decisions related to forecasts, key position hiring, new initiatives to exploit potential profit improvement opportunities, setting of plant policies and procedures, and other avenues in pursuit of operational excellence.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department' s goals and objectives.
- Leverage strengths of the current Finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and understanding of accounting and finance issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability and variance analysis.
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
- Experience presenting to highest levels of management with confidence and precision.
- Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Work requires verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- High energy level and ability to work flexible hours.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Proven leadership in Fasteners, Aerospace, or Automotive type Industry
Experience & Education:
- BS or BA in Accounting or equivalent. Minimum of 10 years Accounting/Finance experience with 3-5 years as the financial leader in a manufacturing environment with full responsibility for the books and records. Prefer experience as a financial leader at a publicly traded company.
- Strong background in product cost Accounting (standard cost system) and experience in plant accounting/finance systems including strong understanding in the use of Excel.
- GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge is required. Track record of improving internal controls highly valued.